Updates

Our Blog

Male Infertility Basics

Male Infertility Basics

Infertility affects an estimated 12-15% of couples globally; males are found to be solely responsible for 20-30% of cases and contribute to 50% of cases overall. Over 80% of infertile men have decreased numbers of sperm with an associated decrease in motility and...

read more
Q & A About Recurring Pregnancy Loss (RPL)

Q & A About Recurring Pregnancy Loss (RPL)

What is recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL)? Recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) is a difficult and frustrating area of reproductive medicine and is emotionally traumatic to those who suffer from it. There is currently lack of a standard definition for RPL but generally it is...

read more
COVID-19 and Pregnancy

COVID-19 and Pregnancy

Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Information about COVID-19 is constantly evolving and in this post I will attempt to summarize what we currently know about COVID-19 in...

read more
PCOS

PCOS

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition I see frequently in my practice. It is thought to be one of the most common endocrine (hormone) disorders in women, affecting between 5 and 10% of women. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)is a condition that causes...

read more
How Much Do Lower-Tech Treatments Cost?

How Much Do Lower-Tech Treatments Cost?

One of the most frequent questions I am asked by patients and prospective patients is about the cost of treatments. My practice is focused on lower-tech fertility treatments so I will address these costs here; I will not address costs associated with IVF or egg...

read more
Can Fertility Be Measured?

Can Fertility Be Measured?

The question of whether fertility can be measured is a very common one. Recently, several companies have popped up with tests that claim to measure fertility to help women feel empowered and have control over their reproductive lives. While being able to predict the...

read more
Pre-Pregnancy Health Care

Pre-Pregnancy Health Care

We all know the importance of prenatal care during pregnancy, but many people do not realize the importance of seeing a healthcare provider for pre-pregnancy or preconception care. It may seem excessive, however, preconception care can help increase the chance for...

read more
All About IUI

All About IUI

In the process of natural conception, sperm are deposited into the vagina, travel through the cervix and into the uterus and then up the fallopian tubes where they encounter an egg; fertilization then occurs in the fallopian tube. As the cervix naturally limits the...

read more
Women’s Wellness for the New Year

Women’s Wellness for the New Year

With the new year upon us, it’s a great time to reflect on our health and wellness and set some goals for the new year. Since the majority of people who set New Year’s resolutions don’t stick with them after the first week, it is more effective to set simple,...

read more

Online scheduling available now.

Evening and weekend appointments are available. Free phone consultations for prospective patients.